Sunday, June 28, 2009

Scribbling about SHRM in New Orleans




This is my first ever visit to New Orleans. It's a pretty cool place. I have been to SHRM National Conferences in Atlanta, Orlando, Washington D.C. and now here.

The SHRM National Conference has come back to New Orleans for the first time since Katrina swept through. This is a nice shot in the arm.
But the coolest thing happening in New Orleans in my view is the blogosphere and SHRM coming together. There are at least 10 bloggers here live blogging the event. Inversely, SHRM is coming to the blogosphere which is a good thing for the organization in the long run. It will help generate interest and attract new members.

But for this week, having so many bloggers tweeting and posting means we are all writing about the same general topics and what is being said. It is very interesting to see all the different perspectives on the same general theme.

We are all trying to present useful information. Check out these links to posts by The Red Recruiter and Smartbrief Workforce for some good info on the Jack Welch keynote interview from this afternoon. I'll post my thoughts separately from this post.

My social media experiment for today was to try and find a unique angle on the conference. I think I found one.

I have set up an event called #SHRM09 on an application called Scribblelive. Scribblelive allows you to aggregate tweets people send out about an event utilizing a hashtag. Below you can find a scrolling window of tweets from today using Scribbelive. I'll repost this every day through the conference.

I hope you find it interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your thoughts on the blog. Please add your comments. It helps keep the place interesting!

Everything you post will be read, and responded too!
-- Michael VanDervort