Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New I-9 Forms Available Here

WASHINGTON - MARCH 20:  Three-year-old Jhannar...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

NEW I-9 EMPLOYEE VERIFICATION FORM REQUIRED AS OF APRIL 3, 2009

Just a reminder the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) has created a new Form I-9 for Employment Eligibility Verification.

These forms were orginally scheduled to go into use in February, but the USCIS delayed implementation for 60 days, and the revised Form I-9 will now go into effect on April 3, 2009.

While employers must continue using the current Form I-9 until April 3rd (or later if the USCIS further delays the new form's implementation), they should plan to use only the new form beginning April 3rd.

Employers will be required to use the revised form for all new hires and to re-verify any employee with expiring employment authorization as of April 3, 2009.

The most significant change to Form I-9 is the requirement that all documents presented must be unexpired. In addition, USCIS has made significant revisions to what shall be considered acceptable identity and employment authorization documents.

Three documents were removed from List A of the List of Acceptable Documents: Form I-688, Temporary Resident Card, Form I-688A, Employment Authorization Card, and Form I-688B, Employment Authorization Card.

Links to the new Form I-9 and the USCIS website are provided below for your convenience.

here and here and here


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your thoughts on the blog. Please add your comments. It helps keep the place interesting!

Everything you post will be read, and responded too!
-- Michael VanDervort