JM Family Enterprises laying off
President and CEO
In a move that is not surprising given the current economic climate, one of the top auto dealers in the U.S., Deerfield Florida based JM Family Enterprises announced layoffs today.
JM is a 2009 finalist on the Fortune Top 100 Best Companies list.
JM Family Enterprises said Monday it is reducing its workforce by 500 companywide as part of a restructuring, with 250 of those impacted work in South Florida.
The cuts include 110 buyouts offered to employees at the Deerfield Beach-based automotive companies vehicle processing centers and parts warehouse in Jacksonville and Commerce, Ga.
Within JM Family is
- the world's largest independent distributor of Toyotas and Scions;
- a diversified financial services company;
- one of the largest providers of finance and insurance products in the industry;
- the premier provider and marketer of integrated software systems for automotive dealers;
- the world's largest volume Lexus dealership.
JM Family at a GlanceJM Family Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified automotive corporation whose principal businesses focus on vehicle distribution and processing; finance and warranty services; insurance activities; retail sales; marketing and consulting; and dealer
read more | digg story