Thursday, January 8, 2009

Find Your 2009 I-9 Forms Here

The cover of Federal Register.Image via Wikipedia


On December 23, 2008, I posted on the Best Practice Exchange about the issuance of a new form I-9 by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) which announced new rules being submitted to the Federal Register.

This turned out to be the most widely read post on my blogs for 2008. Who knew? (I will do better in 2009!) Timing is everything.

Stats for the last 14 days:

/2008/12/new-i-9-form-required-in-2009... Best Practice Exchange: 1,320
/2008/12/get-your-resume-in-shape-for-... Best Practice Exchange: 76



Boring, but basic HR information contained here!


New I-9 Form Required in 2009 can be found below:

The interim final rule streamlines the Employment Eligibility
Verification (Form I-9) process.
Employers must use the
revised Form I-9 for all new hires
and to reverify any employee with expiring employment authorization beginning 45 days after publication in the
Federal Register.

The interim final rule is available at www.uscis.gov and was submitted to
the Federal Register on Dec. 11, 2008. The Handbook
for Employers, Instructions for Completing the Form I-9 (M-274)
will be updated to reflect these changes and will be available on the USCIS
website in the near future.

The current version of the Form I-9 (dated 06/05/2007) will no longer be
valid as of 45 days after publication in the Federal Register.The interim final
rule and an informational copy of the revised Form I-9 will be available for
public comment at www.regulations.gov for 45 days after publication in the
Federal Register.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your thoughts on the blog. Please add your comments. It helps keep the place interesting!

Everything you post will be read, and responded too!
-- Michael VanDervort