Image via Wikipedia
News On Upcoming Labor Legislation
A very good post by Michael D. Haberman, SPHR at HR Observations summarizing a SHRM Atlanta webcast outlining the 2009 legislative agenda that could impact business and HR strategies.
Michael - a couple of other of items for your list.
There is talk of lifting caps on discrimination cases for punitive damages. I also think the Public Safety Cooperation act would mandate collective bargaining for those groups, some of which are not eligible to participate in that process.
The list and the link
1. Healthcare reform
2. Employee Free Choice Act
3. RESPECT Act
4. Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act
5. Health Families Act
6. Family Leave Insurance Act
7. Working Families Flexibility Act
8. Employment Non-discrimination Act
9. Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
10. Paycheck Fairness Act
11. Equal Remedies Act
13. Minimum wage will go to at least $9/hr
14. Comprehensive immigration reform
HR Observations: And The News Just Keeps Getting Better: More Possible Legislation in 2009