Monday, December 29, 2008

Coasting Into The New Year


Roller Coaster New Year


I am not doing New Years Resolutions. New Years Resolutions never work. People (me) resolve to do things and then they lose their focus, resulting in broken promises to themselves.


So instead, I am going to just quickly list those things I want to work on this year, not in order of priority.


1. Developing more community on Human Race Horses. I'd really like to see more dialogue, which probably means I need to;


2. Engage in more commenting and dialogue within the various HR networks I am a part of


3. Move HRH to a Word Press platform


4. Fold Best Practice Exchange into HRH and focus on one HR blog


5. Start a new general purpose blog/journal


And the really big news: my wife is getting ready to launch a new business, a New Age spirituality based web site/e-magazine/retail store called My World Spirit on January 15th, 2009. I will be spending some time working on helping her build a community/social network presence around this site, which will be on a Ning page.


Coupled with the demands of my regular day job, and the usual needs to eat better, exercise more, get more sleep, and taking up a new hobby, 2009 promises to be fun-filled and action-packed.


Hold on, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your thoughts on the blog. Please add your comments. It helps keep the place interesting!

Everything you post will be read, and responded too!
-- Michael VanDervort