Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving Memes

Twin memes on a US based Thanksgiving holiday:



What am I thankful for:




  • that I will get to see my parents, and all my siblings in the same place for the first time this year.
  • full family employment
  • that I have a 5 day weekend for this Thanksgiving weekend
  • that i was able to make a donation to Metropolitan Ministries Food Bank in Tampa which really needs help
  • 2 for 1 Pomegranates at Publix
  • The fact that I can type serious and stupid shit here and someone may actually read it
  • my wife and my kids, all of whom I love
    the hope for so many things provided by the election of Barack Obama
  • the interwebs power to connect so many people
  • Sarah Palin staying on as Governor of Alaska
  • Alec Baldwin's caricature character on 30 Rock



Not so thankful for:




  • the state of the economy
  • being made to think about my turkey dinner wearing a bikini
  • bias on so many levels still rampant
  • the eventual return of $4 a gallon gas
  • daily commutes in excess of 90 miles
  • predicted unemployment exceeding 7.5%
  • shifting health care costs to employees
  • dishonesty in so many corporations
  • stupid people any time and anywhere
  • so many flavor choices for Mountain Dew
  • the Starbucks at the corner of Hillsborough & Sheldon in Tampa, which is the worst Starbucks ever
  • my lost Blackberry
  • Michael Vick getting a suspended sentence
  • Alec Baldwin
  • Sarah Palin staying on as Governor of Alaska
  • More Brad and Angelina, (also more Katie and Tom, and really any news about celeb couples marrying, divorcing, sexing, pregging or anything..
  • Alec Baldwin's caricature self in real life
  • all the misguided violence, death, injury and misery taking place around Mumbai

Best wishes for all whether today is a holiday or just a normal business Thursday for all my non-US based friends and contacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your thoughts on the blog. Please add your comments. It helps keep the place interesting!

Everything you post will be read, and responded too!
-- Michael VanDervort