Mini Profile of Zappos
I love Zappos as a company.
follow the CEO Tony Hsieh on Twitter like 13,696 or so others.
I asked him via tweet if I could be his Director of Human Resources. It was a lark on my part.
He responded with a tweet that I should send him my resume. He added that they were always exploring options for talent at Zappos. His response came less than two minutes after my initial tweet..Pretty damn good for a CEO!
You gotta love the response time, and the recruiting ingenuity that it shows. All part of the Zappos Core Values, which I'd like to share with you from their web site.
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
Why Zappos Pays New Employees To Quit -- Andy You Should Too - Bill Taylor Interview Harvard Business Review