What sort of company might you expect to find on the list of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work?
Exotic businesses like something in the high tech industry? Famous "name brand" companies? Sexy start-ups? A car dealership? Did someone say "Car Dealership"?
That would be JM Family Enterprises, Inc., coming in at number 23 on the list in 2008.
Headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Florida, JM Family Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified automotive corporation with businesses in multiple states across the U.S. focusing on vehicle distribution and processing; finance and warranty services; insurance activities; retail sales; marketing and consulting; and dealer software products and services. JM Family Enterprises employs more than four thousand and seven hundred (4,700) associates. They have locations in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, Texas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Ohio. The company was founded by Jim Moran, and is currently led by Colin Brown.
JM Family is
- the world's largest independent distributor of Toyotas and Scions;
a diversified financial services company;
- one of the largest providers of finance and insurance products in the industry;
- the premier provider and marketer of integrated software systems for automotive dealers;
- the world's largest volume Lexus dealership.
During its 39-year history, JM Family has evolved into a successful diversified automotive
company with $11.1 billion in revenue. Headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Fla., JM Family has
more than 4,600 associates throughout the U.S., in six major locations. In January 2007, the
company was ranked by a survey in FORTUNE magazine as the 41st Best Company to Work
For in America, the ninth consecutive year it placed on the list. JM Family is also ranked by
Forbes as the 22nd largest privately held company in the U.S. and has appeared on the
InformationWeek 500 list of leading technology innovators for five consecutive years [2003-
JM Family has experienced phenomenal growth and continues to be a leader in the automotive
industry as a professionally-managed, privately-held, family-owned company guided by the culture, business and philanthropic legacy of its visionary founder, Jim Moran.
According to Founder Jim Moran, "the future belongs to those who prepare for it" and at JM Family Enterprises, they are preparing for a great future. JM Family seeks to hire qualified, highly motivated individuals who demonstrate the guiding principles of consideration, cooperation, communication, accountability and innovation. Join JM Family and grow within a thriving organization that is dedicated to excellence.
JM Family Enterprises is unmatched in its impressive array of Work / Life advantages.
- On-site Medical Center
- JM Family Center (on-site daycare)
- Fitness Centers with an aerobics studio and personal training
- Indoor lap pool
- Salon services, including free hair cuts and manicures
- Physical therapy
- Massage therapy
- Annual health fair
- Free mammograms
- Free prostate exams
- Life management services
- Associate Assistance Program
- Weight Watchers programs
- On-site cafeterias with take-home dinners available
- On-site Credit Union for associates and their family members
- Dry cleaning, alterations and shoe repair services
- Use of corporate jets for business travel
- Use of corporate yachts for associate recognition, corporate gatherings
- Corporate discounts at local businesses and attractions
- Educational assistance program / Advanced tuition reimbursement
- Associate vehicle and parts purchase programs (Toyota, Lexus & Scion)
- Vehicle finance and lease plans
- Extended warranty plans
- Tire purchase program
Who wouldn't want to work somewhere with all of this???